Saturday, February 18, 2012

Who's that Girl?!

It's ANI!






Yup, this is the first blog post I've made in a what feels like forever.  School and work have taken over my life and unfortunately, hobbies such as taking pictures of what you wear everyday take a backseat to being a responsible adult.  Tis sad, I know. 

But I've done my best to balance having a good time so that I don't burn out completely. In fact, I had two girls nights this weekend and both were so fun and I really did need them just to feel sane again.  So I'm just trying my best to balance it all.

So this outfit was a totally attempt at a look I saw on New Girl which is, like many other fashion bloggers, my new favorite show.  I mean what fashion nerd wouldn't love the show?! It's a perfect balance of cute outfits, awkward Zooey Deschanel humor and SCHMIDT. Haha. Anyhow the V-day episode this week inspired me. 


She's so adorable it makes me sick.

When I asked my husband if he liked my outfit, he nodded his head and then said, "How come you get to wear a brown belt with back shorts?"  And of course I said, "Because I wear what I want."  Truly, all I felt like wearing was a leotard, tights, shorts and my new brown belt. 

Anyhow, I've still be able to hit up my favorite thrift store at least once a week and as of late I've bought not one, not two...no, not just three, but FIVE pairs of colored jeans and all of em fit me so well.  I'm thinking that people bought their colored jeans on a whim and then had no idea how to wear them and so they threw them out because they're all in amazing shape.  So I now own teal, coral, purple, red and pastel purple jeans.  I've already worn the coral jeans twice this week so get ready for it. 

Hope you are having a great weekend.  I truly hope I can make more time for this hobby.  We shall see!

Ani

{Leotard: Thrifted ($1.99), Shorts: old (?), Shoes: Thrifted ($5.99), Belt: ($1.99), Necklace: Fallas Paredes ($2.49), Tights: Gift from my madre, Jacket: Target ($19.99)}

1 comment:

Midwest Muse said...

You look wonderful. It is definitely a perfect interpretation of the look! I am dying to find a pair of shorts that look that good on me! Envious! And yes, I can't help but watch that show. I love Zooey and everything else in that show. Even if it is kind of terrible.