Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HISTORY.

So for those of you who don't know...I am graduated from Texas State University and getting married in January of 08. This is an exciting time in my life and in February, Austin and I were both praying about what is was that God was wanting us to do in this transitional time in our lives. I was certain that I was still being called into the ministry as a pastor and/or worship leader, which means that I was heading to seminary but not until Fall 09. It was the same for Austin who has also decided go to seminary with me, but will be focusing in different areas of ministry.

I have been invovled in Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship practically since I stepped foot on the Texas State Campus. This group helped me move in to my dorm and invited me to dinner that night and I automatically clicked with their group and saw the genuineness in their fellowship. Since then, I have been a part of the worship team, attended a missions trip to Mexico (which many of you helped me to go to), attended 5 conferences where we met up with Christians across the Southwest, and I have led a girls Bible study as well. All in all, many would say I really majored in "Chi Alpha". My involvement in this organization was so beneficial and life-giving, I couldn't leave. However, I was not expecting to stay here after I graduated.

Which brings me to why I am still here. Unbeknownst to me, our campus pastor had been praying for many years to have some extra help. So as Austin and I prayed about what we were going to do for this next year, God basically told us to stay in San Marcos and continuing working with this ministry. We were excited but I struggled to believe that I would be able to raise a budget and a team of supporters, however through it all, God IS faithful.

So I'm living in a three bedroom apartment, sharing a room with my old roommate and living as frugally as possible. I am confident that God has kept me in this place with plans of His own in mind because everything I thought I would be doing has fallen through and He is teaching me to be flexible. So the next blog will tell you more about how these first few weeks have gone.

Feel free to:
A) Pray for me!
B) Financially support me! :)
C) Ask me questions about what I am doing here.

Thank you to all who have already supported me.

love you!

In Christ,

ani

No comments: