Friday, August 29, 2008

BBQ sauce! mmm mmm

Well, yesterday was a TON of fun. Austin and I were in charge of the XA Booktable from 1030 am- 2 pm. It takes place in the Quad because there are many students that pass through there on their way to classes. We passed out flyers promoting our BBQ and had many students come up to the table to ask us about our organization and what we had to offer. I was amazed at how many Chi Alphans came to help Austin and I. It was such a blessing to have other students there who aren't on staff but who are simply committed to showing the love of Christ.

I got to talk for a long time to a girl that I met on Monday at an organization walk through. She is such a kind person and I'm already praying that she will get involved. She made it out to the BBQ as well, so that was exciting. Another girl we made a good connection with came to our BBQ and brought two friends!

The preparation for the BBQ went SO well. I couldn't believe how much help we had and how helpful our sound/staging guy was. He has been helping out with this event for the past few years and has always proven to be a kind man, so that was a blessing. However, right as we (the band) were about to go on...RAIN came! haha. It was quite the unforgettable evening. As the worship team was praying, we asked God to save the rain, but God is God and I believe He knew we could handle getting wet.

The whole experience was funny for me because just that morning I was listening to the song "Rain Down" by Delirious and couldn't help but feel like laughing. Many of the people that made it out stuck around so we were able to still talk to students. (well they were sort of stuck with us if they didn't want to get wet :) but we all had such a good time.

The band went on after the rain stopped and there were no complications. We heard testimonies from two of our students and I believe people were truly blessed by the event. So all in all GOD is STILL GOOD, in ALL things! I'm glad everything went so well despite the rain and I feel like the group really proved themselves to be resilient in all circumstances.

To Him be the Glory!

ani

No comments: