Friday, July 27, 2012

Bring on the Heat







The next time I think it's cool enough to wear a 3/4 sleeved shirt in July in TEXAS, someone should bring me to my senses.  It is ridiculously hot here and while I loved mixing patterns, I would have been better off with something a little more...airy.  

So, from now on I'm going to be adamant about dressing appropriately for the weather cause I'm a sweater (sweat-er) and for all the experience I've had in Texas heat, I should have known better.

However, I'm so excited about this skirt that I got at St. Vincent De Paul for $3 since I went shopping on 40% off day.  I know I've explained this before, but if you are a thrifter, finding the stores that do any discount on top of already low prices really does make me want to jump for joy when I check out at the cash register.  Since I'm a frequent shopper there, I also received $10 off my total purchase, which is never a bad thing.  

Also, just so I can make this public.  I'm taking a hiatus from shopping.  The reasons are numerous, but the number one reason is that I have WAY too much clothing and honestly have no need for more.  It's a dangerous hobby-thrifting-because you tend to feel like you're missing out on something amazing if you don't go out every week.  However, I have lots of amazing pieces in my CLOSET that I could easily wear for the rest of the season, for sure.  So, there's my challenge to myself.  I gotta make it happen cause I'm turning into a clothes hoarder. 

On that note, hope you have a great Friday!


Ani

{Top: Thrifted ($1.99), Skirt: Thrifted ($3.00), Shoes: Target ($9.99)} 

No comments: