Wednesday, January 4, 2012

C'mon Ride the Train

I've always thought it was mildly cliche' to take pictures at a train track, but honestly, these are some of my favorite pictures I've taken for this blog.  











I know I look angry, but I promise, I'm really happy right now.  




When I strolled up to the nearest parking lot to these tracks, I'd only been outside my car setting up my tripod for about a minute and a half before a security guard came up to me and said, "What are you doing?" To which I replied in my sweet, ditzy girl voice, "Oh, I just want to take a picture of the train tracks."  To which he said, "Why?" To which I further replied, "Because it looks cool."  He finally said that I couldn't park there but once he realized I wasn't doing anything too crazy, he told me I could park on the road just as long as I wasn't in their private property.  This was one of the first times I've had a problem when taking my pictures.  For being the first time, it really wasn't so bad.  (that's what she said) 

I told Austin that I'd been wanting to take pictures in front of some graffiti soon and this afternoon he texted and said someone had graffitied two male peni (penises?) on his school.  So I guessed I missed out on the really cool graffiti in the city.

I don't mean to brag but I found ANOTHER thrift store near my house that is completely legit.  It's no wonder I want to thrift everyday.  Living in the ghetto definitely has its' perks.  The first being that cost of living is cheap and pretty much everything else around it follows suit.  So while you won't find a Nordstrom's, Anthropologie or a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in my neighborhood, you can be treated instead find a ton of clean, well stocked thrift stores and unique local eateries that include my favorite shaved ice place EVER.  Point being, I'm happier here than I even realize sometimes.  

Two of these clothing items were bought just this past week.  This Zara jacket won me over with the elbow patches immediately.  It reminded me of the blazer's my brother wore when he was younger.  It was just incredible that I found one for women, as I used to get these types of blazer's in the little boys section of the thrift store when I was younger.  The skirt was the most expensive item I spent at Urban ($10!!) Truthfully, I tried to rationalize why it was too expensive, but factoring in where I was shopping (UO) and how much I adored the skirt (a whole stinkin lot), I couldn't help but buy it.  

Till tomorrow my friends,

Ani

{Skirt: Urban Outfitters ($10.00), Polo: Thrifted [Original Penguin Co.] ($2.40), Blazer: Thrifted [Zara] ($4.20), Shoes: Thrifted ($3.99), Tights: Old}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that blazer is amazing! these are great photos!