Monday, January 16, 2012

Vaquero=Cowboy

Check out this sweet mural I found on a liquor store!
















I rarely want every single picture from a photo shoot in my blog, but today I wanted EVERY SINGLE PICTURE on my blog.  However, I will spare you because they become redundant pretty quickly.  I can only look down, stare intensely and put my hands in my pocket so many times for a photo before they really do look boring.  I'm working on it though!

Austin and I are enjoying what feels like a six day long weekend.   Life is pretty good.  I even just signed up for the Texas Style Council and I'm feeling super pumped about meeting incredible people who share some of the same passions as I do.  I really am hoping that I can keep this up once school gets going.  It's all about balance and I think I can manage.  

When I took my jacket off at lunch Austin said, "You have a hot air balloon on your shirt."  To which I replied, "I DO!" I found it at Casa View Thrift Store, down the street from my house and it was marked down to $1.21 from $1.71.  The prices are so random, seriously.  I quickly tried it on and knew it was mine. I love when you find items that really do feel "one of a kind".  This one certainly makes me smile.  The skirt was bought at St. Vincent De Paul a few months ago on 40% off day and I had yet to find a use for it, but with 70 degree weather (Yes, you read that correctly), I knew I could go bare legged.    The jacket was also bought at SVDP.  In fact, I walked out of the store without it because I convinced myself that I didn't need it and that it was too expensive, but when my total came out to far less than I'd expected, I ran out to my car, dropped of my bag and walked straight back into the store to try on the jacket ANOTHER time.  Of course, I bought it.  Finally, my shoes were bought at Urban Outfitters on sale for $10.  That's about it with my outfit.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day off!

Ani

{Shirt: Thrifted ($1.21)
 Skirt: (Thrifted: ($3.60)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters ($10.00)
Jacket: Thrifted [Gap] ($9.00)
Earrings: Thrifted ($.99)}

3 comments:

jessica said...

cute skirt!

Dawniepants said...

I can't believe how awesome your thrifted items are they look so so cute. That skirt is gorgeous and the little t shirt goes perfectly with it.

Great look!

dp
xx

www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

Ani Barrington said...

Thanks Jessica!!

DawnieP, thank you. It's a huge compliment considering it really is luck of the draw with thrift stores sometimes, but I love it!!

Love your blog too!