Saturday, January 14, 2012

Grandma Curtain Skirt

The first half of these pictures were taken earlier in the day.  For whatever reason, I just didn't like them. So I snapped a few more later in the afternoon while Austin was up in the air flying a helicopter.











Today was splendid.  Austin got out of school by noon and we had lunch together and spent the afternoon relaxing.  Last night I finally hung out with friends since it's been the first weekend in awhile that we've actually been in Dallas.  We played games, watched a movie and overall, it was just a chill night.  I couldn't ask for much more.  

I'm hoping I won't regret this, but I am being incredibly indecisive about registering for Texas Style Council.  I am seriously such a pansy when it comes to these things.  I'm going to give it another day before I sign up.  I know this seems random, but I can't stop thinking about it because it makes sense for me to go.  It's down the road, I'd meet some incredible people, but truthfully...I don't know if I necessarily have a goal in mind with this blog.  I just enjoy sharing excellent thrifting finds and keeping an outfit diary of sorts.  So we'll see...I know once school starts, that will be the priority so who knows how this will shape up.

This outfit was found at one of my new favorite thrift stores that is 2 miles down the street from my house.  The only downfall is that they don't have designated days for certain items to have extra discount.  So sometimes, it ends up being a little more than I'm used to paying (we're talking a dollar difference here).  However, both the shirt and skirt were marked down so it felt like I still got em for a good price.  I fell in love with this skirt.  For some reason, I like the fact that it reminds me of a curtain in the home of a grandma.  I think I'll be wearing it often.

I found the heels at ValueWorld and I was so close to leaving them behind because I kept saying, "Ani, you don't wear heels," but they were just so cute and actually comfortable so I bought them for $4.50.  I wore them most of the day and they really were so comfy up until the sweater tights started to get annoyed with them.  Anyhow, I'm excited about the new items I have to share!

Hope everyone has an incredible weekend!

Ani

{Shirt: Thrifted ($2.99), Skirt: Thrifted ($1.71), Cardigan: Target ($9.99), Shoes: Thrifted [Mossimo] ($4.50), Sweater Tights: Target ($12.00) similar, Necklace: Forever 21 ($3.99), Belt: Thrifted ($1.99)}

2 comments:

Midwest Muse said...

I think this outfit is awesome! Great skirt. As for the style council, I know I would go if I lived in the area. If nothing else, it's a learning experience!

Ani Barrington said...

Thank you!! In a moment of courage I went ahead and signed up! So excited!