Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunny Sunday








My sister had this dress before I did. In fact, the first time I saw it on her, I thought "Man, that's a cute dress". Months later I found one at SVDP and bought it for probably a quarter of what she paid for it. Sorry sis. Either way, I plan on wearing it with her so we can be twins again.

This day has been so lovely. Despite getting to bed late because I stayed up watching the Stars game, I went to church this morning feeling grateful for a Sunday off-ish. The youth band was leading this morning so most of us had the week off, but I got the pleasure of helping out some of the young ladies who were vocalists. They reminded me so much of myself at their age. It's pretty amazing when you hear lyrics like, "I see a generation rising up to take their place with selfless faith," to actually hear those singing who are the next generation.

Anyhow, it was a great morning and this evening we got to partake in more worship. Life is good and things are falling into place in a way that I couldn't have planned better for myself.

Ok, enough deep thoughts. I don't know what to do with my free time. Yeah, I said it. I'm totally unsure as to how to deal with free time. I started watching Mad Men and have yet to start reading a book, but I'm really wanting to do something that is productive. Am I the only person who gets annoyed quickly with free time? I feel like I should be doing something worthwhile. I plan on doing a few projects that Elsie displayed on her blog. Or perhaps I'll start cooking again. I know practically, I'll get more practice time in on piano and guitar, which is always nice. It's nice not to feel guilty about doing the things you enjoy in your free time. However, I don't always remember what I enjoy, so I plan on rediscovering that.

That's all for today.

{Dress: Thrifted [Mossimo] ($6.00), Cardigan: F21 (Old?), Tights: ?, Shoes: h&m ($12.95), Headband: ?)

2 comments:

Carisa Trejo said...

Mom bought me that dress so I still win ;) also I love you!

Bev said...

You're supposed to start reading "Hunger Games"! ;)